Location: Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland
IPC Mouldings is a supply chain excellence SC21 Silver Award winning company supplying the aerospace sector. Formed in 1994 by technical experts there is a drive within the business to retain those technical skills. With over 23 years successfully supplying to the global leader in aircraft interiors, IPC is a successful and established business. Our manufacturing processes are based on in depth industry knowledge and our expertise lies in transforming requirements into pragmatic and economic solutions. IPC is strong on strategy with a clear view on how and where we want to position ourselves to win new business. We are performance driven and passionate about quality and investing in our team.
Accreditations and awards include AS9100, ISO9001, EFQM 4 star, SC21 Bronze award, SC21 Silver, Business Eye Small Business Awards Manufacturer of the year 2016.
Due to ambitious growth plans in 2019, we are recruiting a manufacturing engineer to join our team.
Reporting to the technical manager, the successful candidate will be part of IPC's technical team, delivering innovative and continuous improvements in a successful business with ambitious growth plans. This is a hands-on engineering role providing support to tool making, CNC machining, injection moulding and assembly processes.
- Provide technical support to Toolroom and Moulding teams ensuring that plant, production/process facilities are developed and maintained to support business goals, and the commissioning of new technology/equipment
- Ensure customer specifications are adhered too for compliance and relevant documentation aligned to company quality management system including accreditation requirements
- Knowledge of CAM / CAD software (Mastercam / Solidworks) with the ability to check components to model
- Project management skills
- Ability to accurately to load BOM’s and verify details on MRP system
- Create process maps, work instructions and visual aids to implement NPI
- Health & Safety, ensure engineering/operational activities are compliant with legislative and statutory requirements
- Capture technical/engineering operational costs, log and record & monitor on company systems
- Provide detailed analysis for capital expenditure justification to Technical Manager
- Drive continuous improvement, including the utilisation of process data. Familiar with lean manufacturing principles and innovation to push down cost and improve profitability.
- Engage with others to maintain a productive working environment which allows everyone to contribute effectively and achieve their individual and the overall company objectives
- Provide support to ensure performance KPIs set by the Technical Manager at business team and individual level are achieved
- Maintain customer relationships, including resolution of customer issues involving engineering change management or quality related matters.
- Provide support to the Business Development Manager with research and preparation to enable accurate quotations which meet brief and are realistic in terms of delivery, cost and time
- Actively engage with continuous improvement activities across all business processes to drive change and adaptability to support Company growth plans
- Review, communicate and implement cross-functionally to resolve any quality issues and drive consequential improvements in the factory
- Manage flow of technical information and document control to ensure it is efficient and effective to company operations
This list is by no means exhaustive, and your flexibility and co-operation is appreciated in all matters pertaining to job roles and responsibilities
PERSON SPECIFICATION (Essential)
- Technical knowledge in aspects of moulding processes (preferably injection), toolroom & CNC machine shop environment
- Knowledge of engineering materials and processing data
- Conversant with modern manufacturing methods and systems based on lean manufacturing principles Working knowledge within business units of mixed volume demand and rapid response activities to meet customer requirements
- Technical background in engineering and ideally familiar with tool design and manufacture and injection moulding processes including NPI or similar process like disciplines.
- Able to interface with supply chain. Exchange technical information with both supply chain and customers
- Familiar with assembly processes and techniques (Robotics, cellular and flow-line manufacture) to deliver most effective and efficient machine/line performance Experience of project management support within challenging time constraints with technically demanding customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation and influencing skills
- Able to demonstrate analytical, problem solving, innovative and decision-making skills
- Ability to provide accurate research information for customer quotations and coordinate with procurement for materials required to purchase
- Demonstrate organisational and planning abilities
- Computer literate and disciplined with file management systems Evidence of commercial and business development acumen
- Capable of working flexible hours as required to meet business needs
- Able to travel
- Third level qualification (preferably in an engineering discipline)
- Knowledge of AS9100 / ISO9001 and quality management systems
- Familiar with lean principles (Kaizen, 5S, TPM)
- Experience of working with Aerospace, Automotive or Medical customers
- Knowledge of engineering polymers
- Knowledge of CAM / CAD software (Mastercam / Solidworks)
- Mould-flow analysis
- Visual factory approach
- Presentation skills to liaise with capacity partners or illustrate issues to customers on technical related issues
- £26k to £30k DOE
To apply for this position, please forward your completed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for further information.